Corporate and M&A
- Advising Samruk-Energy and participation in development and consideration of the letter of comfort issuing by the Government of Kazakhstan to the lenders on investment strategic project “Construction of Balkhas Thermal Power Plant”
- Acting on and advising Alsim Alarko Sanayi Tesisleri ve Ticaret in relation of the construction of industrial facilities in Kazakhstan
- Advising China Development Bank on the project financing of Kazakhmys - Aktogai deal of USD 1.5 billion
- Advising Malaysian Investors PDZ Holdings BhD on implementation of project on construction of liquefied petroleum gas plant in Aktau city
- Advising GRES-2 Ekibastuz Station JSC on corporate issues
- Advising Hanhong Private Equity Fund on a number of M&A transactions for the acquisition of gold deposits in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan
- Counseling British American Tobacco Kazakhstan Trading, SCANIA CREDIT AB, Shymkentcement, GlaxoSmithKline, Gedeon Richter, Unipharm, Berlin-Chemie, Eurasian Resources Group
- Representing interests of China investor in the Kazakhstan International Arbitration in connection with the transaction on purchase of deposits in Kazakhstan (6 mln USD)
- Acting on and legal support for IT Logycom in its dispute with an insurance company for recovering USD 1.2 million of insured losses
- Acting on litigation and representation of BASF Central Asia in a local court on commercial dispute with contractor
- Representing interests of Kazphosphat in the process of the recognition and enforcement of Kazakh court's award in Georgia
- Representing interests of Elbit Systems (Israel), Berlin-Chemie AG (Germany), Novargi (Spain), Strabag (Austria) and many others in commercial and corporate disputes in Kazakhstan
Yerzhan received a bachelor degree in law from the Tashkent State Institute of Law in 2005, a Master of Law (LL.M) from the Kazakh Humanitarian Law Academy in 2008. Since 2017, he has been studying on Executive MBA program at the Nazarbayev University (Astana).
Yerzhan is most interested in undertaking difficult cases in which other lawyers have failed. Competition, exit from the "comfort zone", new knowledge, "battle of wits" - his main motivators. Yerzhan is a follower of the philosophy of Ain Rand.