Aizhan specializes in the corporate, M&A and PPP projects and she also advises on all aspects of procurement procedures. Aizhan’s recent representative transactions include advising:
- Ministry of Industry and New Technologies of the Republic of Kazakhstan on drafting and implementing the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan On Special Economic Zones.
- Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan in relation to providing public services in agriculture.
- Korean National Oil Corporation and its subsidiary in Kazakhstan on the construction of a floating drilling unit, including tax structuring, under the multi-structured financing transactions.
- A Kazakhstan - Spanish joint venture on various corporate and tax aspects in relation to its project for assembling passenger cars.
- Development Bank of Kazakhstan on more than 30 investment projects in various sectors of the economy.
- Fortis Mining Limited, an Australian mining company, on the USD 260million acquisition of potash mines in Kazakhstan.
- Samruk-Kazyna Invest on its M&A deal for the acquisition of a large Kazakh tin subsoil user.
- Austrian construction groups on their M&A deal for the acquisition of a Kazakh construction holding company.
- JV Summit Atom Rare Earth Company on the acquisition of a deposit of hard subsoil minerals including legal due diligence exercise.
- Urbasolar on various legal aspects in relation to establishing a joint venture with Kazakh partners in the renewable energy sector.
- National Space Centre in relation to its contracts for the development of geostationary satellites KAZSAT, KAZSAT 2 and KAZSAT 3 for an aggregate amount of USD 164 million.
- National Agency for Export and Investment KAZNEX INVEST on introducing changes to the investment legislation.
- Sembol Construction on its legislative initiative in relation to amending the list of priority activities in SEZ Astana New City for the purpose of obtaining tax benefits.
- Kazatomprom on the implementation of the priority right of the state over the subsoil use objects into the legislation.
- Tau-Ken Samruk on its deal with Rio Tinto in relation to establishing a joint venture for the development of large deposits of certain minerals in North Kazakhstan.
- Samruk-Energy in relation to modernization of its subsidiary Shardara hydropower plant for over EUR 75 million.