Over the past few years, public-private partnership (PPP) has become an integral part of the Kazakh economy in various sectors: transport, social, urban infrastructure as well as energy.
Linkage & Mind provides legal advice in the field of public-private partnership (PPP) and infrastructure projects to private businesses, investors, financial institutions and government agencies on projects related to construction, renovation and operation of infrastructure.
We provide services for projects in the following sectors:
- road construction
- water supply
- airport construction and infrastructure
- railway infrastructure and the construction of railway stations
- social infrastructure
- construction of industrial parks and SEZ
The firm's lawyers have in-depth knowledge of specialized legal issues and detailed understanding of business processes of the industries in which our clients operate. The combination of knowledge of the legal and commercial aspects allows us to carry out a comprehensive approach to any project and provide effective expert advice, where we put the needs of our clients in center stage.
At each phase of the project, Linkage & Mind is ready to assume the full scope of work for the preparation of relevant legal documentation, including contracts / concession agreements, financial records, construction agreements, management and related technical documents.
Rendering organizational and legal support to a project, we consider all possible models and tools to attract public support, including:
- project finance
- infrastructure bonds with government guarantees
- concession agreements
- agency agreements
- inclusion in the list of strategic enterprises
- subsidized interest rates on loans
- budget loans
- government guarantees of various levels
- investment tax credit
- export credit insurance
Linkage & Mind lawyers have extensive experience in organizational and legal support to the PPP and investment projects in Kazakhstan.
Services we provide:
- development of an optimal institutional structure of the project
- analysis of legal risks that affect the structure of the project
- minimization of legal risks, planned for the use of financial instruments
- structuring transactions and preparing them for the investment presentation; project finance structuring: debt, equity, exit options
- analysis of project to receive state support, working toward being included in the Roadmap business map and industrialization state programs to receive state benefits
- optimization of the harmonization process and obtainment of the opinions on the project at all stages from the ministries and state departments
- compliance and obtainment of documents and permissions, regulating the legal relationship between SPV, sponsors, lenders, operators and other project participants
- negotiating among project participants
- tariff and antitrust regulation compliance in the maintenance of complex investment projects